9 Nov 2011
Thai Coconut Manna Pineapple Curry
A sensually rich, but light, meal with incredible flavor
Ingredients [*Underlined items can be found at The Well ]
- 1 TBSP Nutiva organic coconut oil [good for saute’ing]
- 2 diced red or yellow bell peppers - 2 TBSP [or to taste] Patak mild curry paste
- Minced garlic, 2-3 cloves [or The Well’s superb garlic granules or powder]
- 1 medium mild onion, finely sliced
- 1 can coconut milk, regular or light
- 4 – 6 TBSP Nutiva organic Coconut Manna
- 2 oz. organic crimini freeze-dried mushrooms, broken up and reconstituted
- Optional: 1-2 TBSP [or to taste] Sucanat [*can substitute 5 drops or ‘0 calorie’ stevia or ‘Just Like Sugar’]
- 1/2 fresh pineapple cubed to ½ inch
- 1 package MoriNu firm tofu, cubed to ½ inch [*can use diced chicken breast if preferred]
- Cooked organic rice; cover and keep warm until ready to serve
Directions: Use medium heat, not higher.
1. Heat coconut oil in deep frying pan.
2. Add bell pepper and onion, and garlic to taste; cook until just tender.
3. Add coconut milk.
4. Once the coconut milk is liquefied, add the curry paste. Start with a heaped tbsp, and add more to taste.
5. Stir in reconstituted mushrooms and tofu [or chicken breast], and pineapple
6. *Optional: add sugar, stevia, or ‘Just Like Sugar’, to taste.
7. Cook on LOW, stirring frequently, until flavors blend; about 10 minutes
8. Serve over the cooked organic rice
*OPTION: Add an additional can of coconut milk to make a delicious soup; add more seasonings if needed.